Have you been diagnosed with cancer? Searching for information about ways nutrition can complement medical treatment, or help you regain health from the after effects from cancer treatment? I’m Sharon, and I’m a stage IV colon cancer “surthriver”.
Sustain Me: Notes on Cancer is my personal blog sharing faith-infused encouragement about the stage III and stage IV colon cancer journey. Since there is no stage V cancer, I decided I’d better write fast. I went through treatment; was clear for about a year; cancer came back with a vengeance; I got mad; I gave myself permission to do things differently the second time around. And the rest of the story you can read in the free e-book. Spoiler alert: I’m clear again. So I’m still writing with the goal to encourage someone else.
You’ll find thoughts over on the blog and in the e-book about restoring personal joy in the face of life threatening disease; finding a willing spirit to make choices about treatment options; and being sustained daily by God in the “new normal”. You can sign up to receive my blog posts quietly in your email inbox. You can also connect with me on Facebook and Twitter.
Here’s what the blog and free e-book talk about from my personal experience:
- How do you cope when cancer returns as stage four disease?
- Where do you turn when treatment options seem more fearsome than the disease?
- What decisions do you make when you’re told you have 6-12 months to live without further treatment?
- Do you accept more medical treatment, or use nutrition to combat the return of cancer? Or both?
- How do you find a balance between medicine and nutrition and effective cancer healing options that are best for you?
- How does the filter of faith in God change one’s perspective about life-changing disease?
Even though I think I have some awesomely encouraging information to share about my personal journey with cancer, remember – the content on http://www.sustainme.net is for general informational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.